The Career Services strives to maintain the highest standards of professionalism in its
relationships with employers. BYU Law students have a reputation for being professional,
accomplished and excellent interviewers. Please help us maintain this great reputation by being
mindful of the following:
- Please stay on top of deadlines and monitor your email and the LINX website often.
- Please apply only to employers for whom you are seriously interested in working.
- Keep track of the employers to whom you have applied. Once employer responses start
coming in, you will be notified through email, so check your email often. All students
who wish to participate in any Early Interviewing Days, Job Fairs, or On-Campus
Interviews must apply online through the LINX website by 8 a.m. on the appropriate
- If you have an emergency the day of your interview and will not be able to make it to
your interview, please contact Coleen Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible
or have a spouse, friend, or classmate notify the Office.
- Make sure you are prepared for your interview. If at all possible, know something about
your interviewers and some basic facts about the firm.
- Please be considerate in responding promptly to employers once you have made a
decision regarding offers.
- Please review the NALP (The Association for Legal Career Professionals) Principles and
Standards for Law Placement and Recruiting Activities, along with their interpretations.
As a member school we agree that our students will abide by these guidelines, so please
read and follow them closely.
- Please review the CS Mission Statement and Law School Non-Discrimination Policy.
- Please provide accurate, honest and current information on all resumes and on-line
profiles and uphold high standards of honesty and integrity in the interview process. If
you are unsure about how to characterize an item on your resume or in an interview,
consult with the Career Services for guidance prior to submitting materials or
- Do not retract an acceptance once you have accepted an offer of employment from
an employer. Withdraw all pending applications and cease seeking employment or
entertaining other offers once you have accepted an offer.
- Finally, for good or bad, your actions reflect not only upon you, but the BYU Law
School, including those that will come after you.