As a student attending the J. Reuben Clark Law School, you are eligible to join the Law School Printing Co-Op. The Co-Op was established to provide law students with basic printing services at greatly reduced rates. In an effort to reduce printing costs, the law school installed high speed printers into the law library for the use of Co-Op members. Prior to the Co-Op, law students had to pay seven cents per page to print through the University Print Services printers in the law library. Co-Op printing can be as low as two cents per page.
The three price tiers are as follows:
- $15 membership. This subscription allows you to print up to 500 pages (3 cents per page). This page allocation will be carried over subsequent semesters.
- $40 membership. This subscription allows you to print up to 1500 pages (2.67 cents per page). This page allocation will be carried over subsequent semesters.
- $60 membership. This subscription allows you to print up to 3000 pages (2 cents per page). This page allocation will be carried over subsequent semesters.
Once pages are purchased:
- You may print up to the allocated amount of pages of law school work and other personal printing on the designated printers.
- Co-Op members may purchase additional pages if their printing needs exceed their initial membership page allocation.
- Co-Op printing purchases are non-refundable and cannot be sold or shared.
The success of the Co-Op depends upon all participants not abusing their printing privileges. Consequently, Co-Op members must abide by the rules listed below. In this regard, please be aware that the Help Desk uses software to monitor printing. The violation of these rules may result in Co-Op privileges being suspended. If printing privileges are suspended, appropriate arrangements to reinstate them may be made with David Pratt in room 459C JRCB. Please keep in mind the following Co-Op rules:
- Co-Op members may not allow others to print using their username, nor may members print for non-members.
- Printing privileges may not be shared with others or sold to others.
- Co-Op members should print their Lexis research on the Lexis printers in the library. Printing on the Lexis printers is free of charge and will not count against Co-Op page allocations. Lexis research printed on Co-Op printers will be charged against your page allocation.
- DO NOT LOAD PAPER IN OR TRY TO CLEAR JAMS, OR OTHERWISE TRY TO SERVICE ANY OF THE PRINTERS YOURSELF; YOU COULD DAMAGE THE EQUIPMENT! Contact the Help Desk located at 459 JRCB, or call them at 801-422-3884 and THEY will promptly take care of the problem. Help Desk hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
FAQs concerning the Co-Op:
Where Do I Purchase Pages?
Follow this link: https://commerce.cashnet.com/webscop. If you experience issues or have questions go to the Accounting Office in 367 JRCB. Once you purchase pages, it may take up to 24 business hours before the pages are tied to your account.
Will I Save Money?
It depends on your own individual printing needs but you mostly likely will save money. The average Co-Op member last year printed over 2400 pages. At six cents per page, this level of printing using University Print Serves would have cost about $124. With Co-Op, this much only cost $60.
What if a printer goes down or is out of paper?
Please call the Help Desk at 801-422-3884 if a printer goes down during normal working hours and they will immediately address the problem. If your printing need is urgent, you may go to the Help Desk to print. Installing printers does not take long so you could also install another Co-Op printer.
Can I check to see how many pages I have left on the CO-OP?
Yes you can! On our printing website https://byulaw.printercloud.com you can see the number of pages that you have left. At the top right of the screen when you log in, there is an option that says menu. When that opens up, select to view your quota status.
Will the CO-OP printing work with my exempted laptop?
Our printing service will only function on Windows and Mac computers. If your laptop does not run one of these Operating Systems, the printers will not work.
When will my CO-OP printing account expire?
Your Co-Op account will expire after the bar examinations of your graduating year. This is usually around the first week of August. October 1st is the hard cutoff for pages. If extensions are needed this must be communicated with the Helpdesk before this date. There will be no refunds of pages not used in your account. We encourage all users to manage their accounts according to this time frame. Please contact the Help Desk if you have any questions.
Where are the printers located?
The Basement Coop is located in the corner of the basement of the library near the elevator.
The Commons Coop is located in the Student Commons.
The Second Floor Reference Coop is located near the public computers on the second floor of the library.
The Bathroom Coop is located near the study rooms on the third floor of the library.
The Third Floor Reference in located near the public computers on the third floor of the library.
How do I remove a CO-OP printer from my computer?
Please see these instructions for removing a co-op printer from your computer: Removing a Printer
Co-Op Installation Instructions
To install the printers on your computer follow the instructions:
We look forward to working with you this year to make the Co-Op a continuing success!