David L. Armond
Senior Law Librarian
David Armond is the Assistant Dean for Information Technology.
He is a Senior Law Librarian. Before coming to the J. Reuben Clark Law School in 1994, he worked as a registered representative with Fidelity Investments Retail Investments Services, an analyst with Strategic Mortgage Services, and a Medical Librarian.
- Intro. Legal Res. and Writing
- Introduction to Advocacy
- Law Librarianship Administration
- Law Librarianship Management
- J.D., Brigham Young University, 2004
- M.L.I.S., Brigham Young University, 1993
- B.A., Brigham Young University, 1993
- The Relationship of Legal Tools and the Legal Structure, in The Boulder Conferences: The Intersection of Theory and Practice, (Susan Nevelow Mart & Barbara Bintliff eds. 2014).
- The Practitioners’ Council: Connecting Legal Research Instruction and Current Legal Research Practice, 103 Law Lib. J (2011) 575 (with Shawn Nevers). [SSRN]
- Survey on Commercial Document Delivery Practice, in Briefs in Law Librarianship AALL publications series no. 56, Volume 10 (Buffalo, William S. Hein & Co. 2005).
- Access Services: Linking Patrons to Electronic Legal Research, 19 Legal Reference Services Quarterly (2001), 203-217.
- Electronically Formatting Your Research Lesson One: Formatting Briefs, Eighth Annual National Legal Research Teach-In Training Kit (West Group, 2000) 115-128.
- Book Review, 5 Unbound 116 (2012) (reviewing Hoeflich, Michael H. and William E. Butler, The Syllabi: Genesis of the National Reporter System (Clark, N.J.: The Lawbook Exchange 2011).
- Book Review, 18 Legal Hist. & Rare Books Newsl. 43 (Fall 2012) (reviewing Hoeflich, Michael H. and William E. Butler, The Syllabi: Genesis of the National Reporter System (Clark, N.J.: The Lawbook Exchange 2011) .
- If l Only Read One Legal Research Manual … ?, 15 LPSS News (1999), (Law and Political Science Section, Association of College and Research Libraries).
- Search Does Not Equal Research: Implications for Discovery Layer Design, Georgia Briscoe, Karen Selden, David Armond, & Curtis Thacker, 18 July 2016, AALL Annual Meeting, Chicago.
- American Politics and International Human Rights Enforcement: A Case Study, Paul Kerry, David Armond, 20 November 2015, American Politics Graduate Seminar, Rothermere American Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford, U.K.
- Legal Research Practices of Attorneys, Shawn Nevers (Moderator), Shawn Nevers, Carissa Vogel, & David Armond, WestPac Annual Meeting, 10 October 2014, University of Washing Law School, Seattle.
- Future of Legal Education in Academic Libraries Roundtable, David Armond, (Moderator) Penny Hazelton, & Mary Ann Hyatt. 15 July 2013 AALL Annual Meeting, Seattle.
- The Librarian as Author: AALL/LexisNexis Call for Papers, David A. Hollander, David Armond, Margaret (Meg) Butler, William M. Cross, Shawn G. Nevers, and Mary Whisner. 25 July 2011 AALL Annual Meeting, Philadelphia.
- Making the Grade: Assessing Legal Research Skills in the Classroom and Firm, Shawn G. Nevers, David Armond, Molly (Mary) Brownfield, Don MacLeod, and Linda-Jean Schneider. 26 July 2011 AALL Annual Meeting, Philadelphia.
- Beyond the Ivory Tower: Reaching Out to Practicing Attorneys and Law Firm Librarians to Improve Legal Research Instruction, Shawn G. Nevers, Camilla Tubbs, Todd M. Venie, and David Armond. 27 July 2009 AALL Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C.
- Measuring Up: Collection Statistics and Other Reporting Issues for Those Who Miss Their Old ILS, Kory Staheli and David Armond, Sirsi Superconference 2005 Nashville, Tennessee. 1 March 2005.
- Trimming the Fat: How to Manage the Circulation Map, Andy Spackman and David Armond, Sirsi Superconference 2005 Nashville, Tennessee. 28 February 2005.
- Perspectives on the USA PATRIOT Act: Law Enforcement Requests Before and After., Unicorn User Group International Annual Conference, Huntsville, Alabama. 17 March 2003.
- Two Steps Forward (n) Steps Back: Implementing ‘New’ Releases of Unicorn, Unicorn User Group International Annual Conference, Huntsville, Alabama. 3 May 2001.
- Revealing the Gateway: Service Marketing, Kristin Gerdy, James James Talaga, and David Armond, AALL Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 19 July 2000.
- Law Gateways in Multi-Library, Single Server Systems, Unicorn User Group International Annual Conference, Huntsville, Alabama. 26 May 2000.
- A Home of Your Own Designing and Building a Public Library Web Site Part II: Developing Skills & Choosing Tools, Utah Library Annual Conference, Ogden, Utah. 19 May 2000.