Annalee Hickman joined the law library faculty in 2016 after completing a J.D. at Brigham Young University. As the faculty services librarian, she oversees legal reference and faculty services, provides faculty research assistance, and writes scholarship that focuses on legal reference services, faculty services, legal research instruction, legal education, and law librarianship. In the fall of 2017, she began teaching Introduction to Legal Research and Writing and Introduction to Advocacy.
Faculty Services Librarian
- Introduction to Advocacy
- Introduction to Legal Research and Writing
- M.L.I.S. Candidate, San Jose State University, 2021
- J.D., Brigham Young University, 2016
- B.A., Brigham Young University, 2013
- Annalee Hickman, Reference Work, in Introduction to Law Librarianship (Cas Laskowski & Zanada Joyner eds., forthcoming 2020) (with Kelly Leong & Janet Kearney).
- Annalee Hickman, Engaging Legal Research Students Through Supplemental Readings from the Last Decade, 26 Perspectives: Teaching Legal Res. & Writing 67 (2018). [SSRN]
- Annalee Hickman Moser, The Reference Assistant, 110 Law Libr. J. 59 (2018) (with Felicity Murphy) (winning submission in the new member division of the 2017 AALL/LexisNexis Call for Papers Competition) (accepted submission to the Ninth Annual Boulder Conference on Legal Information). [SSRN]
- Annalee Hickman Moser, All Librarians Can Help Patrons with Legal Research, Utah Libraries News, April 2018, at 3. [SSRN]
- Annalee Hickman Moser, Go Ahead and Google. Then Do a Subject-Based Search, 46 Student Law., Mar.–Apr. 2018, at 8. [SSRN]
- Annalee Hickman Moser, Have You Ever Considered Becoming a Law Librarian?, 46 Student Law., Nov.–Dec. 2017, at 4. [SSRN]
- Annalee Hickman Moser, Book Review, in Keeping Up with New Legal Titles, 109 Law Libr. J. 482 (2017) (reviewing Digital Rights Management: The Librarian’s Guide (Catherine A. Lemmer & Carla P. Wale eds., 2016)). [SSRN]
- Annalee Hickman Moser, We Believe in Being Honest: Dependency Exemptions for LDS Missionaries, 31 BYU J. Pub. L. 233 (2016) (second place winning submission of the 2016 John S. Welch Award for Outstanding Legal Writing). [SSRN]
- Annalee Hickman Moser, Costa Rica, in 2 Encyclopedia of Law and Religion: The Americas 103 (Gerhard Robbers & W. Cole Durham, Jr. eds., 2016).
- Faculty Adviser, BYU Journal of Public Law (2018–Present).
- Assistant Editor, 22 Legal Writing: The Journal of the Legal Writing Institute (2017–2019).
- Editorial Assistant, 3 Legal Information Review (2017–2018).
- Peer Reviewer, 15 Legal Communication & Rhetoric: JALWD (2018).
- Deputy Editor, 51 The Year in Review: An Annual Survey of International Legal Developments and Publication of the ABA/Section of International Law (2016).
- Presenter, The Free Musketeers: Free and Low-Cost Legal Resources, Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, Tucson, Arizona, March 13, 2020 (canceled because of COVID-19).
- Presenter, Harmonic Progression: Utilizing Self-Assessment Techniques to Improve Teaching and Learning, 4th Annual Teaching for Learning Conference, Provo, Utah, March 5, 2020 (with Iantha Haight)..
- Co-Planner, Just Write It: Embracing Your Inner Author, American Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting, July 16, 2019 (with Heather Joy, Alyson Drake, Jamie Baker, Cynthia Brown, and Stephen Parks).
- Presenter, Improving Your Teaching, Teaching the Teachers Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, May 31, 2019 (with Shawn Nevers).
- Presenter, A Time to Help: Painlessly Assisting Patrons with Legal Questions at the Reference Desk, Utah Library Association Conference, Sandy, Utah, May 16–17, 2019 (with Iantha Haight).
- Dialogue Leader, Making Research Connections, Utah Academic Library Consortium: Annual Professional Development Retreat, Provo, Utah, October 12, 2018.
- Panelist, Virtual Communication Tools and Techniques, Consortium of Church Libraries and Archives: Annual Spring Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, March 14, 2018.
- Presenter, Two Examples of Cross-Institutional Collaboration: Publishing and Pedagogical Workshopping, Utah Academic Library Consortium: 2017 Professional Development Retreat, Ogden, Utah, October 6, 2017 (with Felicity Murphy).
- Presenter, The Reference Assistant, AALL/LexisNexis Call for Papers Awards: The Librarian as Author, AALL Annual Meeting, Austin, Texas, July 17, 2017 (with Felicity Murphy).
- Presenter, The Reference Assistant, The Ninth Annual Boulder Conference on Legal Information: Scholarship and Teaching, Austin, Texas, July 13–15, 2017 (with Felicity Murphy). (The Boulder Conference is the premier papers workshop on topics related to legal information. Approximately 15 people are invited to present annually, drawn from a competitive call for papers).
- Presenter, The Reference Assistant, BYU Law Library Faculty Works-in-Progress Series, Provo, Utah, February 27, 2017.
- Presenter, The Reference Assistant, S.J. Quinney College of Law’s Library Faculty Works-in-Progress Series, Salt Lake City, Utah, February 24, 2017 (with Felicity Murphy).
- Presenter, We Believe in Being Honest: Dependency Exemptions for LDS Missionaries, BYU Graduate Studies’ 3 Minute Thesis Competition, Provo, Utah, March 10, 2016.
- Faculty Services Librarian, Howard W. Hunter Law Library, BYU (2018–Present)
- Law Library Fellow, Howard W. Hunter Law Library, BYU (2016–2018)
- Reference Assistant, Howard W. Hunter Law Library, BYU (2014–2016)