- The Iranian Reform Movement of 1977: Prelude to Revolution, The Journal of International & Area Studies 18, Brigham Young University (Jon B. Deal and Shirah L. Madsen, eds.) (Winter 1992).
- Planned Parenthood of So. Nevada v. Clark County School Dist.: An Example of ‘Having Your Cake and Eating It Too’ Analysis in Public School Free Speech Cases, 1993 B.Y.U. L. Rev. 983.
- A Model Statute for the Development of Oil and Gas Interests Held Under Joint Ownership, 1993 B.Y.U. L. Rev. 1317.
Professor of Law
Curtis Anderson joined the Brigham Young University Law School faculty in August 2015 after over 20 years of experience in private practice and as an in-house lawyer. He teaches transactional skills courses and supervises clinical alliances with law firms and companies for students interested in a transactional law practice.
Before coming to BYU, Professor Anderson was the general counsel of the Match Group, which is controlled by IAC/InterActiveCorp. The Match Group is a public company that consists of many online dating and education companies based in the United States, England, France, Japan, Belgium and Brazil. These companies include match.com, Meetic, People Media websites, okcupid.com, Tinder, Twoo, tutor.com and The Princeton Review. Prior to joining Match, Professor Anderson was a partner at Baker Botts in Dallas. While in private practice, he advised public and private companies, as well as venture capital funds. He represented clients in complex mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings (debt and equity) and general corporate matters. His clients were typically technology, real estate or energy companies.
Professor Anderson received his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University, graduating magna cum laude and as the valedictorian of the Department of International and Area Studies. He earned his J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from the Brigham Young University Law School, where he was a Lead Articles Editor of the Law Review.
- Business Organizations Skills Lab
- Corporate Counsel Clinical Alliance
- Cyberlaw and Technology Transactions
- Internet Law Transactional Skills Course
- Law and Entrepreneurship Clinic
- Mergers and Acquisitions Simulation Course
- Securities Regulation Skills Lab
- Transactional Legal Drafting
- J.D., Brigham Young University, 1994
- B.A., Brigham Young University, 1991
- Mackey Price & Williams (Salt Lake City,1994 and 1995)
- Locke Lord (Dallas,1996 and 1997)
- Baker Botts, LLP (Dallas,1998 through 2009) Partner
- IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI) Match Group (Senior Vice President and General Counsel, 2010 through 2015)